When it comes to maintaining the health and safety of our busy workspaces, customers and staff, timing and prevention are crucial. Protect yourself with PURE® Hard Surface, a safe, ready-to-use sanitizer and disinfectant that kills the Human Coronavirus within 60 seconds of application and provides 24-hour residual protection against bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Key Features and Benefits for PURE Hard Surface disinfectant and sanitizer:
For use on non-porous hard surfaces.
EPA-registered (72977-5-73912) and FDA-approved.
Kills the Human Coronavirus under AOAC testing protocols in less than 60 seconds.
Within 90 seconds, it kills 99.99% of bacteria, including multiple kinds of drug-resistant bacteria (CRE, MRSA, VRE) as well as Norovirus, Hepatitis B and C, Listeria, E. coli and Salmonella.
24-hour residual protection against bacteria, viruses and fungi when used as directed.
- Contains the EPA’s lowest Toxicity Rating (Category IV), so it is non-toxic, non-caustic and non-irritating and requires no warning labels.
- Odorless and colorless formula that can be applied without harming or disturbing others in the area. It contains no bleach, ammonia, phosphates, phenols, or VOC-emitting compounds.
PURE Hard Surface is ready to use immediately. No mixing required.
Available in 1 U.S. quart bottle, 1 U.S. gallon bottles, 5 U.S. gallon totes, 55 U.S. gallon drums.
Applicators include a 10 oz., ergonomically designed bottle with mister or 15 Gallon Wand Carts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding PURE Technology, Safety and the Environment
What is PURE Hard Surface™?
PURE Hard Surface is a colorless, odorless, ready-to-use disinfectant and sanitizer for use on hard, non-porous environmental surfaces, including food contact surfaces. PURE Hard Surface offers broad spectrum efficacy coupled with 24 hour residual protection.
What does 24 hour residual protection mean?
PURE Hard Surface has demonstrated effectiveness against Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Salmonella enterica for up to 24 hours after initial application. Refer to the product labeling for specific use instructions.
In our extensive research, we have found no other product on the market that the EPA has registered and allowed residual claims against specific pathogenic organisms.
What is the active ingredient in PURE Hard Surface?
The active ingredients in PURE Hard Surface are ionic silver and citric acid as Silver Dihydrogen Citrate (SDC).
Why does PURE Hard Surface have no signal words like ‘Caution’, ‘Danger’, or ‘Warning’ on their label?
PURE Hard Surface has been designated by the EPA as – Category IV. Category IV products do not require any signal words or First Aid instructions.
How safe is PURE Hard Surface to healthcare workers and for use around patients?
- No adverse effects to users or substrates are associated with the use of PURE Hard Surface and no toxicity is associated with silver ions and citric acid, particularly at the low concentrations found in PURE Hard Surface required to control microorganisms.
- PURE has conducted acute dermal and oral testing as well as primary skin and eye irritation studies and dermal sensitization studies on the SDC concentrate used to formulate PURE products. Based on these test results, the EPA has assigned PURE Hard Surface a toxicity rating of Category IV, the lowest toxicity category rating given by the EPA. A Category IV rating by the EPA means they consider PURE Hard Surface relatively non-toxic and do not require any signal word, first aid instructions or a precautionary statement on the label.
- PURE Hard Surface is ideal for use around patients. The formula is odorless and non-irritating, so use even when patients are present is not a concern.
Do I need to worry about dangerous chemical reactions if PURE Hard Surface is combined with other cleaning chemicals?
PURE Hard Surface is a ‘Ready to Use’ formulation and should not be combined with any other chemicals. If accidental exposure to other chemicals occurs, no dangerous fumes or other reactions are anticipated.
Is PURE Hard Surface gentler on the environment than other disinfectant products?
- PURE Hard Surface contains no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). VOCs contain significant vapor pressures that can be harmful to humans and the environment. Both active ingredients; Silver and Citric Acid are found naturally in the environment. The processes employed to manufacture PURE products result in no waste by-products.
- PURE Hard Surface contains no bleach, alcohol, ammonia, phosphates, or phenols.
- None of the ingredients in this product are considered hazardous by OSHA and none are listed on the California Proposition 65 list.
Is PURE Hard Surface a green disinfectant?
- The EPA regulates all hard surface disinfectants and sanitizers like PURE Hard Surface. As part of that regulation, the EPA has specifically stated that a product may not utilize the term ‘green’ under any circumstance to advertise their product.
- Both active ingredients; Silver and Citric Acid are found naturally in the environment. The processes employed to manufacture PURE products result in no waste by-products.
Is the PURE technology the same as nanosilver?
No, PURE products are not nanosilver. PURE products utilize a completely different, patented technology that is not found in any other silver product. Using exponentially less amounts of silver to create exponentially more effective products than any other silver technology, PURE products have none of the safety or environmental issues that are typically associated with nanosilver and other silver materials.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding PURE Regulatory Status
Is PURE Hard Surface registered with the US EPA?
Yes, PURE Hard Surface is registered with the EPA under The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and with all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The PURE Hard Surface EPA registration number is 72977-5-73912.
Is PURE Hard Surface a “Hospital Disinfectant”?
Yes. The EPA considers disinfectants that are effective against Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella enterica AND Pseudomonas aeruginosa to be “hospital disinfectants”. PURE Hard Surface is effective against all three organisms and is registered for use on noncritical and environmental surfaces in a variety of healthcare settings.
Does it meet the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard?
PURE Hard Surface is compliant with the most current OSHA policy stating that an EPA registered disinfectant, labeled as effective against HIV and HBV is an appropriate disinfectant for use in healthcare settings for disinfecting noncritical and environmental surfaces visibly contaminated with blood.
Is PURE Hard Surface a one step disinfectant?
No. While there are hospital disinfectants labeled for use as a one step cleaner-disinfectant, industry best practices state that disinfection should always begin with pre-cleaning, even if using a one step cleaner disinfectant. Pre-cleaning prior to disinfecting is the only way to ensure that treated surfaces are properly decontaminated. All one step disinfectants require pre-cleaning when treating heavily soiled surfaces; however, even contamination that is not visible can reduce the effectiveness of a disinfectant. PURE Hard Surface was formulated to ensure best practices for infection control are met. By combining low toxicity and rapid kill times, PURE Hard Surface can be used to both pre-clean and disinfect, providing a more rapid turnaround time for your ICPs.
Can it be used on food contact surfaces?
PURE Hard Surface is approved for use on surfaces which come in contact with food without the need for rinsing the surface.
What is the difference between disinfection and sanitization? Why is disinfection better?
Contrary to popular belief, disinfection is better than sanitization for treatment of hard surfaces. Disinfection is a complete kill (greater than 99.9999%) of the organisms in question. Non-food surface sanitization is only a reduction (99.9%). Even though a product may ‘sanitize’, hundreds of pathogenic organisms may remain on a surface, exposing people to these disease causing organisms. Many products claim 30 second sanitization, but PURE Hard Surface is one of the few that can claim 30 second disinfection. In addition, PURE Hard Surface is EPA registered for use as a no rinse sanitizer on food contact surfaces, which requires a 99.999% reduction of the specified organisms within 30 seconds.
Frequently Asked Question Regarding PURE Antimicrobial Properties
Does PURE Hard Surface kill gram positive and gram negative bacteria?
Yes. Please refer to the product label for a complete list of claimed organisms and kill times.
Does the 24 hour residual work if I wipe up PURE Hard Surface per the label instructions?
Yes, residual protection will still be imparted to the surface even after wiping up PURE Hard Surface as directed by then EPA approved label instructions.
PURE Hard Surface has residual protection against bacteria, but does it have residual protection against viruses and fungi?
PURE Hard Surface has only been approved by the EPA for residual protection against Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Salmonella enterica. These are all bacteria. The EPA has not approved a protocol for testing residual efficacy against either viruses or fungi.
Does PURE Hard Surface kill C-Diff?
- While PURE Hard Surface is effective against the vegetative form of Clostridium difficile, it does not kill the organism in the spore form. In order to make a claim against C-diff in the US, the EPA requires that the product must show sporicidal kill in a standardized AOAC test.
- The CDC recommends hand washing, proper barrier protection, meticulous environmental cleaning with an EPA registered disinfectant to help prevent spread of the organism. For patient rooms that have high C. difficile rates, the CDC recommends a 1:10 dilution of bleach be used for disinfecting surfaces.
Is PURE Hard Surface effective against drug resistant organisms like MRSA, NDM-1 and CRKP?
- MRSA, or Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus is a type of Staph bacteria that is resistant to beta lactam antibiotics, including Methicillin.
- NDM-1 is a gram-negative enterobacteria with resistance to carbapenem conferred by an enzyme known as New Delhi metallo-beta-lactamase 1 (NDM-1). CRKP Carbapenem-Resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae CRKP), is a gram negative bacteria resistant to the class of antibiotics known as carbapenems. CRKP produces an enzyme known as carbapenemase that confers this antibiotic specific resistance.
- PURE Hard Surface has been tested by independent 3rd party laboratories and demonstrated efficacy against these organisms as well as other drug resistant organism including Vancomycin resistant Enterococcus (VRE) and multiple strains of MRSA.
Does PURE Hard Surface kill Hepatitis B and C?
PURE Hard Surface is effective against both Hepatitis B virus and Hepatitis C virus on hard non-porous surfaces with a 60 second contact time.
Does PURE Hard Surface kill TB?
- No, PURE Hard Surface does not kill TB. Tuberculocides will not prevent transmission of TB in healthcare settings because it is an airborne pathogen which is not transmitted from environmental surfaces. TB efficacy has historically been used as a benchmark for measuring the germicidal potency of disinfectants used in healthcare settings. EPA registered hospital disinfectants with TB claims are considered intermediate level disinfectants with broad spectrum efficacy. This broad spectrum efficacy, not the specific TB claim, has been the basis for historical recommendations for disinfection in healthcare settings.
- The CDC recommends that noncritical items and environmental surfaces be disinfected using an EPA registered hospital disinfectant. Any item or surface visibly contaminated with blood should be treated with an EPA registered disinfectant with TB claims or with specific HIV and HBV label claims, according to the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard. PURE Hard Surface meets the CDC recommendations for use in healthcare settings.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding PURE Hard Surface Storage, Handling and Use
What is the shelf life of PURE Hard Surface?
PURE Hard Surface should be used within two years of the date of purchase.
At what temperatures can PURE Hard Surface be stored?
PURE Hard Surface should be stored in a cool dry area, away from sunlight at temperatures above freezing.
How much surface area will PURE Hard Surface disinfect?
A 32oz bottle of PURE Hard Surface will disinfectant nearly 1,000 Sq Ft of surface area.
Is PURE Hard Surface also a cleaner?
PURE Hard Surface can be used for general cleaning and to help wipe up water soluble spills, but it has not been designed to be used for cleaning up oil or grease spills.
Can I use PURE Hard Surface to clean floors?
Yes, you can use PURE Hard Surface to pre-clean your floors prior to disinfection.
Can I use PURE Hard Surface in a fogger, misters, and electrostatic sprayers?
You may use PURE Hard Surface in fine misters and electrostatic sprayers which would allow the product to be applied as directed on the label.
Does PURE Hard Surface need to be wiped off the surface after the required dwell time?
Yes, PURE Hard Surface should be wiped up. It is important to always refer to the product label for proper use instructions. When PURE Hard Surface is used to sanitize food contact surfaces, the surface should be wiped or allowed to air dry, but it should not be rinsed.
Can PURE Hard Surface be diluted with water to make it last longer?
No, PURE Hard Surface cannot be diluted with water. PURE Hard Surface is a Ready to Use product which has been formulated to work without any need for further dilution. Diluting the product will alter the formulation and the efficacy of the product.
Can PURE Hard Surface be used to control odors?
Yes. Many odors are directly attributed to bacteria. Rather than masking odors caused by bacteria, PURE Hard Surface goes to the root of the problem and kills the odor at its source.
Can I use PURE Hard Surface on porous surfaces?
PURE Hard Surface can be used on hard, non-porous surfaces. It is not currently registered for use on porous surfaces.
Will PURE Hard Surface stain fabrics?
No, PURE Hard Surface will not stain fabrics if contact should occur.
Can PURE Hard Surface be used on vinyl and if so, will they stain material after multiple applications over time?
PURE Hard Surface can be used on vinyl and should not stain after multiple applications over time. As for all applications, if you have concerns about staining, you should test PURE Hard Surface on an inconspicuous section of the surface before applying to the whole surface.
Will PURE Hard Surface hurt the finish on wood furniture?
There are many different types of wood finishes used depending on the applications. PURE Hard Surface should only be used on hard non-porous surfaces. As with all applications, if you have concerns about staining or compatibility, you should test PURE Hard Surface on an inconspicuous section of the surface before applying to the whole surface.
Can I use PURE Hard Surface on physical therapy equipment and how often does it need to be applied?
PURE Hard Surface was tested against the three primary bacterial organisms the EPA mandates testing against to make claims to be a disinfectant. The product demonstrated the ability to continue to kill these three organisms up to 24 hours after initial application. If surfaces are washed or heavily touched then the product can be reapplied. In a setting where the equipment is constantly exposed to germs based upon the use pattern, more frequent application would be expected.
Should I be concerned about build-up of silver on surfaces I disinfect on a regular basis?
Even at maximized use levels, there should be no concern for build-up of silver.
Will PURE Hard Surface efficacy be reduced when it is used on stainless steel surfaces?
No, PURE Hard Surface can be used effectively on stainless steel surfaces.